In this post, we’re going to explore what over-under predictions are, how they work, whether they’re feasible for average bettors or not, and how you can calculate your winnings.
If you’re interested in other betting guides or football predictions and tips in general, surf through our website and make sure to swing by the list of top betting companies in Kenya before starting your betting journey.
Football Over-Under Tips
Below, you can find over-under tips for some of the most popular leagues in the world.
EPL Over-Under Predictions
Germany Bundesliga Over-Under Predictions
Spain La Liga Over-Under Predictions
Italy Serie A Over-Under Predictions
France Ligue 1 Over-Under Predictions
Basketball Over-Under Tips
What is Over/Under Betting?
If you fancy a bet where the final result is not really important, then over/under betting might be better suited for you. You can bet on the over/under meaning that you need to predict that there will be more or fewer points or goals scored than a set total. It does not matter what the score is – just that your bet is over or under the total.
Factors that Influence Over-Under Predictions
The more competitive the sport, the more factors come into play in determining the value for over-under bets. Sports like Football, hockey, basketball, baseball, etc. have more influential factors when compared to more laid-back sports such as golf or horse racing.
Let’s look at the factors that go into making over-under markets:
- Quality of Offense: In team sports, the quality of the offense plays a big role. The capability of both teams and their offense parameters are taken into consideration by the bookmaker. Usually, the better the offense is, the higher threshold the match has.
- Quality of Defense: The defense follows the same concept as the offense. It’s equally important because the defense can negate the offense. If two teams compete where one has a strong defense and one has a strong offense, a neutral over-under is often selected.
- The pace of the Match: Before a match starts, the analyzers at a bookmaker predict the pace of the game. If both teams have strong offenses, it often leads to a fast-paced game. The opposite is true for defense-oriented teams.
- Venue: Believe it or not, even the venue of an event can influence how the over-under betting predictions play out. For example, in cricket betting, the condition of the pitch will change how a bookmaker sets the odds for over-under betting.
- Weather: Last but not the least, the weather is a major factor for outdoor sports. Football, cricket, basketball, and other sports that are usually played under the open sky will be influenced by how the weather is.
Best Over-Under Betting Sites
Open Account Offer15% of your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits (up to $60) Min deposit requirement. Bet Credits are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. The bonus code MAXFREE can be used during registration, but does not change the offer amount in any way. Visit site
- One of the best bookmakers in the world
50% FIRST DEPOSIT OFFER UP TO KSh 5,000"Min deposit KSH 49. Maximum return on the free bet is KSH 1, 500,000. The Free Bet is available for a maximum of 180 days from the date it was credited into your account. After claiming the offer, the wagering requirement must be meet within 30 days. The bonus funds can be used to place bets on single selections and mutliple selections. The free bet must be wagered 3x on sports. Bets on casinos and live casino products do not contribute towards the wagering requirement." Visit site
- Excellent user interface
100% BONUS ON THE FIRST DEPOSIT UP TO KSH19,500.0018+. Maximum amount - KSH19,500.00 The minimum deposit is KSH 1,000.00 . Wager 5 times the bonus amount in accumulator bets. At least 3 of the events included in an accumulator must have odds of 1.40 or higher. T&Cs Apply. Visit site
- Easy-to-use mobile app
Get up to 450% bonus on your first deposit18+. To qualify you must deposit a minimum of KES 100 • Place a bet with minimum odd of 1.1 • The bonus is awarded in the following order; First Deposit – 200% bonus • Second Deposit – 150% bonus • Third Deposit – 100% bonus. To convert Bonus into real money, Player must bet 10 times on a minimum multibet of 5 games with a minimum odd of 1.4 on each selection. Must place bets on pre match games only. The bonus is valid for 48hrs. T&Cs apply. Visit site
- Live betting option
Get up to 10,000 KShs Bonus Bet!18+. New customers only. The Promotion operates as a 2x bonus surprise bet when you bet 20 or 100 or 500 or 2,500 or 5,000 Ksh on any sport with a 3-fold accumulator and odds greater than or equal to 5.00 as your first bet. T&Cs Apply. Visit site
- Supports Kenyan Shillings
What Are the Odds of Winning Over-Under Bets?
In ideal scenarios, you have a 50% chance of winning over-under. Because there can only be two outcomes. You either with the over or the under. It doesn’t matter which team wins or how well one of them has scored.
However, you need to consider the house edge as well. Because over-under is one of those markets where the bookmaker profits from both. In general, you are required to place KHs 1,100 to win KHs 1,000. The remaining KHs 100 is the house edge.
Sometimes, the bookmaker gives one outcome an advantage over the other. For example, a match between two football teams may have Under odds of -120 and over odds of +100. It essentially means you need to wager KHs 120 to win KHs 100 if you’re betting on under.
Conversely, if you’re betting on over, you’ll be paid in even-money. That would be KHs 100 in wager for a payout of KHs 100. But this is a rare case. The most common odds for over-under predictions in Kenya is -110.